What I’m Reading 2010-11-15
checkpoint_completion_targetEver wonder what’s REALLY going on under the hood of my favorite database? I do. Hubert Depesz writing series of articles about PostgreSQL configuration parameters. This one goes into incredible detail about how PostgreSQL handles checkpointing and keeps the database performing at high speeds.
- Riak SmartMachine Benchmark: The Technical Details How much data can you push for not a lot of money? It turns out that the answer is “A lot of data.”
- A Cassandra Hardware Stack Ever wonder what people mean when they talk about deploying on commodity hardware? Now you know.
- Taco Bell Programming – I said it earlier this week and I’ll say it again – 99% of what you’re doing right now can be replaced with a fairly stupid shell script.
- Why I don’t care about success
- The Creeping Terror
- Fun With TSA Up yours, useless bureaucratic body, I’m having fun with or without you.
This is Jeremiah
I live in Portland, OR. I have two dogs.
I recently received a Master's of Science in Computer Science from Portland State University.
I'm was Microsoft MVP from 2009 - 2018 with a pile of certifications. Somewhere along the way, I wrote a database client for Riak and then handed it off to the community.